Re: JSON type caster

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tobias Oberstein <tobias(dot)oberstein(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JSON type caster
Date: 2012-09-19 03:35:45
Lists: psycopg

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Daniele Varrazzo
<daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> BTW, because of the zope problem discussed today, I'd be happy to have
> a release soon, so if nobody steps ahead in the next few hours, I'll
> try and implement the json support tonight and have it for psycopg
> 2.4.6.

I've implemented the Json adapter and the register_json function: they
are available in the "json" branch in my repository:
<https://github.com/dvarrazzo/psycopg/tree/json>. For PG 9.2 calling
register_json() is not required.

The docs are not online as still not complete; what is available can
be read generating the docs locally (make docs) or peeking at the
docstrings in _json.py
<https://github.com/dvarrazzo/psycopg/blob/json/lib/_json.py>

Comments and tests are appreciated.

-- Daniele