Re: Using with Python 3, possible? how?

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Leon Starr <leon_starr(at)modelint(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using with Python 3, possible? how?
Date: 2012-04-01 16:46:07
Lists: psycopg

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Leon Starr <leon_starr(at)modelint(dot)com> wrote:
> Thanks, Daniele, you've saved my weekend!  (I think)

That's great news :)

> BUT, there were a few dozen unsettling warnings generated during the
> easy_install and I am wondering if this is just
> a 2->3 compatibility thing.  How concerned should I be about this kind of
> stuff?

It's a false positive, don't know what compiler is on your system,
probaby clang. I've tried enabling -Warray-bounds on gcc but I don't
get such warnings. I've found discussions about clang -Warray-bounds
being over-zealous:
<http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.clang.devel/15813>.

The Python tuple structure is defined with a 1-item array ob_item at
the end, but it is initialized with extra trailing memory so that the
other array items "hang off" the structure. It's a classic way of
defining flexible arrays in C structures. And anyway it's in Python
code, not in Psycopg's.

Cheers,

-- Daniele