Any interest in a presentation on htsql?

From: Aleksey Tsalolikhin <atsaloli(dot)tech(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Los Angeles PostgreSQL Users Group <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Any interest in a presentation on htsql?
Date: 2011-10-20 18:36:45
Lists: lapug
htsql is a high-level query language for relational databases.

it is an abstraction layer above SQL

it machine-generates the SQL code and does so in a way that covers all
corner cases and usually runs faster than hand-written SQL queries
(according to the author, who is also the creator of YAML)

It's written in python and can be installed using the Python
easy_install utility (easy_install HTSQL) or pip.

Here is an example of how to use it: notice the URL, where I specify
username(at)host slash dbname.

Also notice that htsql shows you the query results and then the SQL
query itself.

bash$ htsql-ctl shell pgsql://username(at)hostname/dbname
Interactive HTSQL Shell
Type 'help' for more information, 'exit' to quit the shell.
dbname$ /count(tablename)
 | count(tablename) |
-+--------------------------+-
 |                       74 |
                      (1 row)

 ----
 /count(tablename)
 SELECT COUNT(TRUE)
 FROM "public"."tablename" AS "tablename"
dbname$

Please see http://htsql.org/doc/index.html for the documentation.

The author of htsql is available (via phone) for a Q&A session on the subject.

If there is interest, I could organize a meetup.  We could watch one the video
presentations from the htsql web site, and then have a Q&A session with the
author.

Yours truly,
-at

lapug by date

Next:From: Joe ConwayDate: 2011-12-14 02:34:58