Re: slony replication

From: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Karuna Karpe <karuna(dot)karpe(at)os3infotech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: slony replication
Date: 2011-09-19 07:16:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Please go through the failover documentation. Moreover, you haven't give
details on how you have implemented replication either using perl tools or
without it.

http://slony.info/documentation/failover.html

In case of Slony with perl tools, you get inbuilt scripts which will help to
do fail-over when the primary server is NO longer available (ie in a
Disaster).

slonik_failover -c slon.conf 1 2
slonik_failover -c slon.conf 1 2 | ./slonik

---
Regards,
Raghavendra
EnterpriseDB Corporation
Blog: http://raghavt.blogspot.com/

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Karuna Karpe <karuna(dot)karpe(at)os3infotech(dot)com