One patch, one review

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: One patch, one review
Date: 2012-09-25 13:25:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
As part of the PostgreSQL Development process, we agreed that
everybody that supplies a patch would also review a patch. Doing that
gives the process balance and avoids focusing on particular
individuals for review. It's Peer Review, not Free Review.

In Sept 2012 review process we have 5 people doing more reviews than
patches and 14 people who've submitted more patches than reviews. From
that list, I've excluded 7 people who've submitted their first patch
(or at least I don't recognise the name) and who can be forgiven for
not signing up, yet.

I myself haven't put down to review anything yet, but this mail is
part of me thinking about that. There are still 35 patches in need of
review.

We must remember that if we don't do this then the alternative is
simply longer delays in the patch acceptance process and that affects
developers worse than anyone else.

Next:From: Amit KapilaDate: 2012-09-25 13:30:10