Re: Temporary tables under hot standby

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temporary tables under hot standby
Date: 2012-04-25 16:30:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Oh, we're talking about different things, and I'm slightly confused.
>
> Yes, we need to support ANALYZE; what we might not need to support, at
> least initially, is every user of a global temp table having their own
> SEPARATE copy of the table statistics.

Yes, we are. Global Temp Tables won't solve the "Works on HS" problem,
so we'd better decide fairly quickly which use case we are addressing,
and why. ISTM Global Temp Tables is more an Oracle compatibility issue
than a problem PostgreSQL users have.

...I have zero basis for deciding whether what you say about Global
Temp Tables is useful or not.