Re: Separating bgwriter and checkpointer

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: "Dickson S(dot) Guedes" <listas(at)guedesoft(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Separating bgwriter and checkpointer
Date: 2011-10-04 18:08:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

>> ============== shutting down postmaster               ==============
>> pg_ctl: server does not shut down
>> pg_regress: could not stop postmaster: exit code was 256
>>

> Yes, I see this also. At the same time, pg_ctl start and stop seem to
> work fine in every mode, which is what I tested. Which seems a little
> weird.
>
> I seem to be having problems with HEAD as well.
>
> Investigating further.

Doh.

The problem is the *same* one I fixed in v2, yet now I see I managed
to somehow exclude that fix from the earlier patch. Slap. Anyway,
fixed again now.

Problem observed in head was because of this bug causing later make
checks to fail on port 57432, so it looked like a problem in head at
first. Nothing actual bug there at all.

Thanks for your patience.

Attachment Content-Type Size
bgwriter_split.v4.patch application/octet-stream 92.4 KB