Re: unlogged tables vs. GIST

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unlogged tables vs. GIST
Date: 2013-01-29 02:39:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> wrote:
> Do we need to do anything to unloggedLSN in pg_resetxlog?

Does the server go into recovery after pg_resetxlog? If so, no. If
not, probably, but I have no idea what. There's no "safe" value in
that case; what we ought to do is force a reset of all unlogged
relations, or just punt and hope nothing bad happens (which after all
is what pg_resetxlog is mostly about anyway).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company