Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugfix: --echo-hidden is not supported by \sf statements
Date: 2013-01-14 17:52:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> So far as I can tell, get_create_function_cmd (and lookup_function_oid
> too) were intentionally designed to not show their queries, and for that
> matter they go out of their way to produce terse error output if they
> fail.  I'm not sure why we should revisit that choice.  In any case
> it seems silly to change one and not the other.

Agreed on the second point, but I think I worked on that patch, and I
don't think that was intentional on my part.  You worked on it, too,
IIRC, so I guess you'll have to comment on your intentions.

Personally I think -E is one of psql's finer features, so +1 from me
for making it apply across the board.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company