Re: Finer Extension dependencies

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Hitoshi Harada <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Finer Extension dependencies
Date: 2012-03-28 16:29:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:
>> On a more prosaic note, you seem to have made a mistake when
>> generating the v5 diff.  It includes reverts of a couple of unrelated,
>> recent patches.
>
> Ouch. It seems to happen to me too often. I probably need to get the
> shallow clones setup where you have different directories hosting each a
> different git branch so that you don't need to checkout just to update
> your local master, etc.

Could you possibly generate a new diff to save me the trouble of
fixing the one you sent before?

>>> WTF? WTF?
>>
>> On a further note, I have spent a heck of a lot more time reviewing
>> other people's patches this CommitFest than you have, and I don't
>> appreciate this.  If you'd rather that I didn't spend time on this
>> patch, I have plenty of other things to do with my time.
>
> Sorry about that. I'm on a crazy schedule and too tired, and I wanted to
> be sure to attract your attention on a misunderstanding here. It's also
> not clear to me what level of language WTF really is, or “dude” to take
> another example. I'll be sure not to use that again when I aim at being
> polite yet dense.

I don't seriously feel that "WTF" is unacceptable language for a
public mailing list populated mostly by hackers; I try not to use it
myself, but I'm not puritanical enough to get annoyed with other
people for doing so. I was reacting to the overall tone rather than
that specific expression. And I can sympathize with the crazy
schedule and too tired thing; I have been there.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company