Re: Second thoughts on CheckIndexCompatible() vs. operator families

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Second thoughts on CheckIndexCompatible() vs. operator families
Date: 2012-01-25 20:32:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 12:23 AM, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> wrote:
> New version that repairs a defective test case.

Committed. I don't find this to be particularly good style:

+ for (i = 0; i < old_natts && ret; i++)
+ ret = (!IsPolymorphicType(get_opclass_input_type(classObjectId[i
+ irel->rd_att->attrs[i]->atttypid == typeObjectId[i]);

...but I am not sure whether we have any formal policy against it, so
I just committed it as-is for now. I would have surrounded the loop
with an if (ret) block and written the body of the loop as if
(condition) { ret = false; break; }.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company