Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Kohei(dot)Kaigai(at)emea(dot)nec(dot)com, thom(at)linux(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem
Date: 2012-01-24 17:26:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 5:57 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
>> This passes installcheck initially.  Then upon second invocation of
>> installcheck, it fails.
>>
>> It creates the role "alice", and doesn't clean it up.  On next
>> invocation alice already exists and cases a failure in test
>> select_views.
>>
> Thanks for your pointing out.
>
> The attached patch adds cleaning-up part of object being defined
> within this test;
> includes user "alice".

Urp. I failed to notice this patch and committed a different fix for
the problem pointed out by Jeff. I'm inclined to think it's OK to
leave the non-shared objects behind - among other things, if people
are testing pg_upgrade using the regression database, this will help
to ensure that pg_dump is handling security_barrier views correctly.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company