Re: Patch: add timing of buffer I/O requests

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "ktm(at)rice(dot)edu" <ktm(at)rice(dot)edu>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Ants Aasma <ants(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch: add timing of buffer I/O requests
Date: 2012-04-13 20:24:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> On another note, I think this is a sufficiently major change that we
>> ought to add Peter's name to the "Author" section of the
>> pg_stat_statements documentation.
>
> +1 ... as long as we have those at all, they probably ought to credit
> anybody who did substantial work on the module.
>
> I think that eventually we'll have to give them up, just the way that
> we don't credit anybody in particular as author of the core code; but
> for now this is a good change.

Yeah. I'd actually be in favor of removing them, and similar
references in the comments, because they do lead and have led to
disputes about who deserves to be mentioned. However, a change of
this magnitude certainly deserves mention; it's not really the same
module any more.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company