Re: BUG #5578: postrgesql database crash

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pratikchirania <pratik(dot)chirania(at)hp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5578: postrgesql database crash
Date: 2011-12-23 17:05:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:48 AM, pratikchirania <pratik(dot)chirania(at)hp(dot)com> wrote:
> We have a similar issue with postgres 9.0.1
> Any ideas?
>
> I dint see any updates in the 9.1 release notes.. Has this issue been
> addressed?

I don't think we have enough information to address the issue here.
Can you provide any more details?  I mean, it seems clear that process
creation is failing on the OP's system, but it certainly doesn't fail
all the time for everyone, so there must be something different about
that particular machine.  However, there are no details in that bug
report to help us guess what the relevant difference might be.  The
debugger plugin *might* be relevant, but I think it's more likely a
red herring, and the real issue is something else entirely.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company