Re: WIP -- renaming implicit sequences

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Thomas Munro <munro(at)ip9(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP -- renaming implicit sequences
Date: 2012-01-20 01:02:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Alvaro Herrera

>> > Maybe not remove it, but instead add a link to this discussion.
>>
>> I don't see what that accomplishes, unless someone's arguing that we
>> really do want this behavior...?
>
> Well, it documents what happened when we tried to do it.  Sort of like
> "features we do not want".  But then, maybe it's just TODO bloat.

I share your urge to memorialize the conversation somewhere, but I
fear it will just cause future people to spend time thinking about it
that isn't really warranted. I guess we could move it to the features
we do not want section, but that's mostly bigger picture stuff.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company