Re: So where are we on the open commitfest?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: So where are we on the open commitfest?
Date: 2011-10-28 20:46:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>>> * unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
>>>
>>> This one also seems to be lacking consensus more than anything else.
>>> What do we do about that?
>>
>> AFAIR, the only person objecting is Simon.  I'm not necessarily saying
>> that means we should drive it in over his objections, but OTOH there
>> were quite a few people who spoke in favor of it and we shouldn't
>> ignore those voices either.
>
> The problem is, it will break tools. I was one of the people that supported
> Simon in his argument against. Not going to cause a huge stink but it is
> something to consider.

Oh, sorry, JD.  I had forgotten that you also spoke in favor of leaving it be.

Anyway, we just need to make up our mind on what we're going to do and
do it.  Not talking about it, or talking about it but not making a
decision, leads to frustration all around.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company