Re: review: pgbench - aggregation of info written into log

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: review: pgbench - aggregation of info written into log
Date: 2013-01-17 13:35:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:

> On 01/17/2013 06:04 AM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>>
>> The problem is I have access to absolutely no Windows machines,
>> not mentioning the development tools (and that I have no clue about it).
>>
>> I vaguely remember there were people on this list doing Windows
>> development
>> on a virtual machine or something. Any interest in working on this /
>> giving
>> me some help?
>>

> One of the items on my very long TODO list (see stuff elsewhere about
> committers not doing enough reviewing and committing) is to create a package
> that can easily be run to set Windows Postgres development environments for
> MSVC, Mingw and Cygwin on Amazon, GoGrid etc.

FYI, I have a similar item on my TODO list, though I was looking
primarily at VC++ on AWS. It did get close to the top last week, but
then I got busy with other things :-/. Anyway, I'd suggest we ping
each other if either actually get started, to avoid duplication of
effort.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com