Re: Re: PATCH: The linker complains about the '-bundle_loader "../../src/backend/postgres"' against PostgreSQL 8.4 on OSX

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: PATCH: The linker complains about the '-bundle_loader "../../src/backend/postgres"' against PostgreSQL 8.4 on OSX
Date: 2012-05-08 09:12:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 07.05.2012 13:54, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>  wrote:

>>> By current architecture, do you mean what we had in the CVS, or as the
>>> code
>>> stands in the current tip of the git repository? I agree we should create
>>> branch like that, but I want to make sure we agree on where it should be
>>> branched off. I've rearranged and cleaned up the code quite extensively
>>> in
>>> git master already, and I'm not sure if we want to include all that in
>>> back-branches. On one hand, I've fixed a lot of bugs with the changes, so
>>> it
>>> would be nice to include those fixes, but OTOH, perhaps we shouldn't risk
>>> destabilizing back-branches.
>>

>> What's at the current tip. I'm happy with those changes in the back
>> branches - they're really mostly just bug fixes and relatively minor
>> architectural tweaks as I understood them. It's the move to a single
>> library that I don't want in the back branches.
>

> Ok. I created branch PRE_9_2, and committed Ashesh's patch there. In master,
> I committed a patch to merge pldbgapi.so and plugin_debugger.so.

Thanks Heikki.

Ashesh; can you please update the back branch builds to use that
branch of the debugger code? Feel free to ask Dhiraj/Akshay/Dharam to
do it as I know you and Sachin are pretty busy right now.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com