Re: Database designer

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database designer
Date: 2012-03-06 08:22:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 8:01 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> On such a huge patch, it's really hard to work without commiting some
> parts of it. So I decided to commit each milestone of the project. I
> agree with you that it lacks lots of tweaking, but it's not that bad.

There are numerous basic issues (such as dialog design, and even
labelling text) which most certainly should have been resolved prior
to commit - they are a matter of maintaining basic standards - and
that's not to mention that it's more or less impossible to use as
designed on at least Mac. To quote a French friend of mine from June
last year: "And without usability, it can't be commited in the pgadmin

I'll also give a gentle reminder that the two main changes I asked for
months back (and were told would be done) have not been completed yet
- dialogues rendered in XRC (partially complete, from what I can see),
and docs.

Dave Page
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: