Re: Connection dialogue size in case of a remote server

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Dharmendra Goyal <dharmendra(dot)goyal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection dialogue size in case of a remote server
Date: 2012-01-13 09:35:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 09:25 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> Thanks - patch applied.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Dharmendra Goyal
>> <dharmendra(dot)goyal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > When we try to connect to a remote database server or name of the server is
>> > a bit long , text gets cut because of additional information of the server.
>> > Please find attached patch to fix it..
>> >

> Well, this fixes the issue for this example. But I guess that, if I put
> a text a little longer than yours, it'll screw up again, right?

Right - this allows a 2 line description to display properly. Any
longer than that and you'll still have issues - but that doesn't seem
like it's worth spending too much effort on as that's likely to be a
rare (and slightly unusable case). Overflowing to a second line is
pretty easy to do, even with a reasonable length description.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company