Re: Planet posting policy

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Planet posting policy
Date: 2012-01-30 07:50:20
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:21 AM, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On 29 January 2012 18:42, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>> I was trying to find a way to allow posts that aren't purely technical
>> in nature. For example, if a company started a new website that
>> happened to have 10TB of geo data stored in Postgres, I'd want to hear
>> about it as a good example of Postgres being used in "state of the
>> art" ways, even if it wasn't necessarily a post about how they did it
>> in technical detail.
>
> Are you sure that that wouldn't be allowed under our current policy?
> I'd have thought that was fine, provided that it was actually useful.

It might have been under the policy itself, however we've been
interpreting that based on the guidance notes which are pretty strict,
and essentially only allow posts of a purely technical nature.

> It might be helpful if you could cite a specific incident of the
> current rules tripping someone up in a way that was clearly against
> the community's interest.

I can't do that I'm afraid, as it may cause embarrassment for the
people/companies involved.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com