Re: More information about the selected objects

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Re: More information about the selected objects
Date: 2012-07-18 12:56:30
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Vinicius Santos
<vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Really. Your servers have very long names. This should happen only at lower
> resolutions.

Not really. The panel you've used for the server name is fixed width.
As I mentioned before, on some, if not all platforms, you can only
have 1 variable width panel. That's one of the reasons we've avoided
putting extra info in there before, that isn't a clearly defined
width.

> And if we put a configuration option? The user decides if he wants this
> option or not.
>
> Or to put this information somewhere else, but where?

It is somewhere else already. You can see it from the treeview - which
is why I think it's redundant anyway. The fact that noone else has
ever complained (that I can recall) also suggests it's not an issue
for others.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com