Re: Handling connection loss

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Handling connection loss
Date: 2011-07-19 09:01:41
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> There are some unexpected errors, when reconnecting.
> 1. Open Function collection, shutdown DB, click on a function: Result:
> stacktrace.png
> 2. Open Table collection, shutdown DB, click on a table, start DB,
> reconnect: Result: stacktrace2.png

I believe these would be fixed by the attached update.

> Can't we include a third layer between application and database code, which
> handle's corrupt connections?

I'm not sure that would help much, except to give us a place to bleed
the abstraction layers into.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
reconnect-v2.diff application/octet-stream 22.1 KB