Re: Plugin For Console

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Carlos Mennens <carlos(dot)mennens(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Plugin For Console
Date: 2012-02-06 20:29:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 8:13 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 17:37 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> >
>> > The SQL window doesn't support \* 'psql' commands nor does it appear
>> > to support tab ahead typing. There appears to be a significant need
>> > for it versus the built-in SQL editor.
>>
>> The SQL window isn't intended to replicate the features of psql - it
>> has it's own feature set. The plugin is installed by default - it
>> should work out of the box on Windows and Mac, on Linux you may need
>> to install psql and configure the PG Bin Path option under File ->
>> Options to point to the directory containing the psql binary.
>>

> Completely agree on the SQL window.
>
> About the psql plugin, I had one other report telling me that it isn't
> available when you install pgAdmin 1.14.1.

It works for me, on a fresh installation to a clean virtual machine.

What I had forgotten though, is that the selected item on the treeview
must be a connected database or a child object of one - otherwise the
plugin is disabled because there's no way to know what database to
connect to.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com