Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [pgsql-www] One click installer a bit bare?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [pgsql-www] One click installer a bit bare?
Date: 2011-10-06 17:09:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> We seem to be getting off track here. My goal of the thread was simple:
>
> To get the commmunity one click installer (regardless of where it is hosted)
> to direct back to .Org for things like support, mailing lists and joing a
> community. Not EDB (which I am sure everyone can understand).

Which is happening. We're working on allowing the user to jump back to
the PG website at the end of the installation, and the download page
has been redesigned such that it will include multiple links to
postgresql.org (laid out in a design intended to guide the user in
their next steps), and will not have any registration form on it. The
layout is being put together at the moment.

> Everything else is frankly irrelevant, pgAdmin can do whatever it wants, it
> is its own project

+1

--
Dave Page