Re: PGAdmin - access through proxy

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Ciro Martins <ciro(dot)martins(at)ua(dot)pt>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGAdmin - access through proxy
Date: 2012-05-09 10:45:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

>> Apparently I removed it here:
>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=0937dc7357c9940fe0fd4bd34c5154eb70db24f3
>>
>> I can't find any references about why it was removed as part of that
>> commit though - I suspect it was because we figured no one needed it
>> (and as this is the first complaint I've heard after 5 years, I guess
>> statistically that was pretty much correct).
>
> The switch from using an internal webbrowser to loading the system
> default one moved the proxy responsibility to the browser, I would
> guess?

D'oh! Of course. Clearly I need more coffee.

To clarify for Ciro; we removed the PG/Slony docs from the
distribution and changed the documentation viewer such that if you use
the PG/Slony docs, it'll use your default web browser (because
wxWidgets only supports a small amount of the HTML 4 spec, and
no/limited CSS iirc). Therefore, the proxy setting is obsolete because
pgAdmin never tries to display external HTML itself.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company