Re: SSH Tunneling implementation

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSH Tunneling implementation
Date: 2012-07-09 09:15:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> We are using following API for successful authentication using public key
>
> libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const
> char *username, const char *publickey, const char *privatekey,
> const char *passphrase);
>
> So in this case we will require both public and private key. We can do
> one thing here is only get the private key from user and assume public key
> file (.pub) is at the same folder location. Thoughts? Comments?

No, that won't work - it'll break as soon as I test it for example.

You can just set that param to null. The man page says:

publickey - Path name of the public key file. (e.g.
/etc/ssh/hostkey.pub). If libssh2 is built against OpenSSL, this
option can be set to NULL.

http://www.libssh2.org/libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile_ex.html

(note that libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile is just a macro over
libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile_ex)
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com