Re: SSH Tunneling implementation

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSH Tunneling implementation
Date: 2012-07-09 09:15:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>    We are using following API for successful authentication using public key
>    libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session,   const
> char *username,   const char *publickey,   const char *privatekey,
>    const char *passphrase);
>    So in this case we will require both public and private key. We can do
> one thing here is only get the private key from user and assume public key
>    file (.pub) is at the same folder location. Thoughts? Comments?

No, that won't work - it'll break as soon as I test it for example.

You  can just set that param to null. The man page says:

publickey - Path name of the public key file. (e.g.
/etc/ssh/ If libssh2 is built against OpenSSL, this
option can be set to NULL.

(note that libssh2_userauth_publickey_fromfile is just a macro over
Dave Page
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK:
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company