Re: Debugger line numbering is off by one

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Debugger line numbering is off by one
Date: 2012-04-25 11:22:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Heikki Linnakangas

> The hack that was removed skipped an initial newline when counting line
> numbers. The PL/pgSQL debugger has a similar hack, but it didn't get the
> memo that it was removed in the backend, so the green current line marker is
> off by one when connected to a 9.1 server. Attached is a patch to fix that.

Hi

It looks fine, except that the "Paused at line" message in the status
bar is still off by one. I tried using the offset you calculated there
as well, and things started getting really weird (like, starting on
line -15, then after single stepping, going back to being 1 off). I
assume that the offset is being used there before it's actually
calculated, but don't have time to play further right now.

Can you fix it please?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com