Re: More information about the selected objects

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Subject: Re: More information about the selected objects
Date: 2012-07-18 13:31:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Vinicius Santos
<vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Not really. The panel you've used for the server name is fixed width.
>> As I mentioned before, on some, if not all platforms, you can only
>> have 1 variable width panel. That's one of the reasons we've avoided
>> putting extra info in there before, that isn't a clearly defined
>> width.
>

> It's true. You're right.
>

>> It is somewhere else already. You can see it from the treeview - which
>> is why I think it's redundant anyway. The fact that noone else has
>> ever complained (that I can recall) also suggests it's not an issue
>> for others.
>

> I agree that isn't an issue, but I think that this feature would facilitate
> a bit when you have multiple objects.
>
> But, this implementation will really cause an issue. So is better not to do.

One alternative option might be to have an extra wxAUI menubar panel,
with a couple of textlabels on it. That could be moved around and
hidden or shown in the same way we do for the menu bar (or the
database selection bar on the query tool).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company