Re: Database designer

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database designer
Date: 2012-03-22 09:12:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 09:55 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> >
>> > I've been thinking about this. I don't like the idea of displaying a
>> > dialog. I've been doing some experiments on panels, and this is what I
>> > have now. Not pretty, but not done yet. Just an idea of how it might
>> > look like and work. See screenshot attached. Each time you select a
>> > table, this panel is refreshed with the informations from the table. You
>> > can modify the table informations with this panel. I'm wondering if I
>> > should add a OK button. Anyway.
>>
>> Maybe an "Apply" button? Otherwise, it looks promising. I'd continue.
>>

> "Apply" is great. That's the word I was looking for. Thanks.
>
> Work in progress. See new screenshot attached.

Getting there :-). Obviously still some border spacing issues, and I'm
not sure I like the layout of the buttons. Not sure I see a better way
of doing it that wouldn't look odd though.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company