Re: Fixed warnings for Docs project

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixed warnings for Docs project
Date: 2012-05-09 14:37:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Thanks.

I think we need to do some fine tuning here. There are a few issues:

- It looks like "search" is a reserved name. Sphinx creates a search
page in the HTML format docs with that name, so clicking on the link
to see how to search in pgAdmin takes you to the search form (does
that even work?). I guess the search.rst page needs renaming.

- The Appendices page needn't list the licences twice - it looks weird
in HTML, and far more bizarre in PDF format, where the pages in the
TOC get included inline.

- The MIT Kerberos Licence section shouldn't have "Kerberos Copyright"
as a sub-section on the Appendices page. That should only be a title
(maybe make it lower-level?) on the licence page itself.

- In PDF format, I see "Contents:" scattered around the doc. I assume
that's where there's a TOC, and the sub-page has been included inline
instead of the list of sub pages titles. It shouldn't be there - not
sure though if that's an issue with the way the TOCs have been
included in the ReST files, or a Sphinx issue.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com