Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php

From: "Dimitris Sakellarios" <dimitris(dot)sakellarios(at)telesuite(dot)gr>
To: <archanakknn(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to remote postgres using php
Date: 2012-04-30 16:40:36
Lists: pgsql-php

First of all set all firewall down and then test again.

I remember you said that the PHP server and the PGSQL server are on
different machines? Is that correct?

If so how did you succeed to connect to local host? Did you move your PHP
code to the same machine hosting your PGSQL server or do you host a PGSQL
server on both machines?

Provide some more details (a small design) to give more help else it is
hopeless like that sorry. Also provide the the part of the PHP you try to
create the connection.

Try the below proposal.

On server that host the PHP (IP=y.y.y.y)

<?php

..

pg_connect("host=x.x.x.x port=5432 dbname=AAAAAAA user=BBBBBBBB
password=BBBBBBBB") or die('Could not connect: ' . pg_last_error());

..

?>

On server that host PGSQL (IP=x.x.x.x)

Inside pg_hba.conf

.

hostnossl all all 0.0.0.0/0 trust

..

Inside postgresql.conf

listen_addresses = 'x.x.x.x,localhost'

port = 5432

Test and report.

BR,

Sakellarios Dimitris

Telesuite ltd Telecommunication and Internet Services

Address : T. Sofouli 14, Post Code 16344, Ilioupoli - Athens, Greece

T.: +30 211 760 1300 F.: +30 211 176 9999 M.: +30 6982 550 850 e-mail:
dimitris.sakellarios <mailto:dimitris(dot)sakellarios(at)telesuite(dot)gr>
@telesuite.gr url: http://www.telesuite.gr <http://www.telesuite.gr/>

_____