help - Installing

From: Ilan Fait <ilan(at)iweb(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: help - Installing
Date: 2001-06-07 13:01:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,
I need help with finding some Documentation about how to install PostGerSQL
on windows 2000
Step by step since I am trying to install PostGerSQL DB on Win2000 O/S.

I have install the Cygwin but when I try create a database I get:

$ createdb iweb
psql: FATAL: PQsetdbLogin(): Unable to determine a Postgres username!
createdb: database creation failed

So I try to create a user I get:

$ createuser iweb
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) y
psql: FATAL: PQsetdbLogin(): Unable to determine a Postgres username!
createuser: creation of user "iweb" failed

Can you please explain how do I need to install the database that it will
run on Win2000
Thanks,
Ilan