Re: Send all postgres messages to a specific folder

From: Neal Clark <nclark(at)securescience(dot)net>
To: Leticia Larrosa <leticia(at)tesla(dot)cujae(dot)edu(dot)cu>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Send all postgres messages to a specific folder
Date: 2007-01-18 22:43:37
Lists: pgsql-novice
I'm not sure how it looks on your system, but on mine (FreeBSD 6.1,
PG 8.1 from ports), the default in postgresql.conf is to send
everything to a number of syslog facilities with the ident 'postgres'.

Anyway, I haven't messed with any of these settings, and I get
everything in messages, but you should be able to do this by adding a
line like this to syslog.conf:

	postgres.*	/var/log/postgresql

I think that will send everything from postgre to that one file. As
for splitting it up into multiple files, you'd have to  do stuff like

	postgres.error	/var/log/postgresql/errors
	postgres.fatal	/var/log/postgresql/fatal
	postgres.notice ... etc.

hope that helps,
Neal