Re: Autovacuum is running forever

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
To: "Sachchida Ojha" <sojha(at)secure-elements(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autovacuum is running forever
Date: 2007-08-21 21:35:57
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Aug 21, 2007, at 16:26 , Sachchida Ojha wrote:
> In my OLTP system, we are inserting, updating and deleting the data
> every second.
>
> Autovacuum started and never finished slowing down the whole system.
There's the possibility that your autovacuum settings aren't
aggressive enough for your system, so it's never able to catch up.
Without knowing details it's hard to say for certain. What are your
autovacuum settings and other details about the load on your system?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net