Re: Postgres database and firewall

From: "Bhella Paramjeet-PFCW67" <PBhella(at)Motorola(dot)com>
To: "Shane Ambler" <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres database and firewall
Date: 2008-03-20 17:12:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you very much Shane for your response. I have one more question,
the firewall usually drops the idle connections. What can we configure
on the database side to keep the idle connections alive. In the
postgresql.conf file I see the parameter tcp_keepalives_idle, setting
this parameter would be enough to keep the idle connections alive or is
there anything else I need to be aware of. Your help will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks
Paramjeet Kaur