Re: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled

From: David E(dot) Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
Date: 2009-04-17 17:47:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Apr 17, 2009, at 10:21 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2009, at 9:22 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>
>> So does it not know to look in /usr/local/include/ossp-uuid when
>> it's looking for uuid.h?
>
> Tried a few more things. No matter where I put uuid.h, configure
> doesn't seem to find it. I put it in /usr/local/include and ran
> configure with --with-includes=/usr/local/include and it didn't find
> it. RhodiumToad said on IRC that it's looking for "ossp/uuid.h", so
> I tried putting it in /usr/local/include/ossp/ and ran configure
> with the same --with-include and it still didn't find it. So at this
> point, I'm unable to figure out how to get configure to find and use
> the OSSP uuid header. :-(

I take that back. It can find it in the ossp subdirectiry, as
RhodiumToad said, but it can't compile it:

checking ossp/uuid.h usability... no
checking ossp/uuid.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org ##
checking for ossp/uuid.h... yes

Best,

David