Re: backup and recovery

From: "Mark M(dot) Huber" <MHuber(at)VMdirect(dot)com>
To: "Naomi Walker" <nwalker(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: backup and recovery
Date: 2004-03-19 17:15:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

What it was that I guess the pg_dump makes one large transaction and our shell script wizard wrote a perl program to add a commit transaction every 500 rows or what every you set. Also I should have said that we were doing the recovery with the insert statements created from pg_dump. So... my 500000 row table recovery took < 10 Min.

Thanks for your help.

Mark H