backup and recovery

From: "Mark M(dot) Huber" <MHuber(at)VMdirect(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: backup and recovery
Date: 2004-03-18 20:08:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all I am reasonable new to postgres so any direction that you can give in the regards I am sure will be helpful so thanks very much in advance.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or what exactly is going on. I have a db that I pg_dumped some tables out of and trying to recover them has taken more than 15 hours and these tables only one of them has over 500,000 rows so what am I missing?

It seams that any backup and recovery sucks. My main db backup takes over two hours to complete and 13 hours to recover what am I doing wrong? Any hints?ideas? Recommendations?

Mark M. Huber
DataBase Administrator
(702)-938-9300
markh(at)vmdirect(dot)com
http://www.vmdirect.com
3035 E. Patrick Lane
Suite #1
Las Vegas, NV 89120

<<Mark M. Huber.vcf>>

Attachment Content-Type Size
Mark M. Huber.vcf text/x-vcard 132 bytes