Re: postres, odbc and adox

From: "Jai Beales" <JaiBeales(at)identilam(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Cook" <tomandkellycook(at)hotmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postres, odbc and adox
Date: 2002-09-13 15:24:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Isn't adox really for access db's?...

Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Extensions for Data Definition Language
and Security (ADOX) is designed for use with the Microsoft Jet Database
Engine. So, using ADOX with OLE DB providers other than the Microsoft
Jet OLE DB Provider may cause unexpected behavior or incorrect results.
The exact behavior is dependent on the nature of the database for which
the provider is written. If a provider is accesses a database system
whose model is totally different from that of Jet, the behavior of ADOX
could be unpredictable (for example, Jet does not support the concepts
of CATALOG or SCHEMA)....

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;