A few questions

From: "Jai Beales" <JaiBeales(at)identilam(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A few questions
Date: 2002-09-11 10:31:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi. Any advice on the following would be much appreciated...

Is it possible to run 2 instances of postgres on the same machine with
different data directory, pg_hba.conf, port etc? I'm wondering this
for test reasons and anticipating having 2 postgres connections with
different security implications which might eventually run on separate

Are there any issues with the number of databases created? As well as
large one for browser access I would like to have many small client
db's for direct ODBC connections.

Has any one tried stress testing with many ODBC connections to postgres
(obviously i can do this myself and will!)?

Thanks for any help.

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2002-09-11 10:46:41