Using tables in other PostGreSQL database

From: "Pettis, Barry" <Barry(dot)Pettis(at)atmel(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using tables in other PostGreSQL database
Date: 2008-03-27 00:01:51
Lists: pgsql-general
I work at a fairly large company 2000 people just at my site alone.
I've been given access to a new database which will be used for source
data for some software that the company just purchased.

Now this PostGreSQL "server" has many databases in it.  Some of which I
have access to.  I don't want to reinvent the wheel ( so to speak ) by
having to replicate the table in my database.  Then having to create
routines that will extract from A to replicate in B.  How do I reference
a table in another database?

The other user all ready updates and adds important information so I
don't want to have to replicate his/her work.  I just want to purloin
his finished product... Though I think that that's the whole point.

Also to respond in the thread... Do I just reply to the message?

Regards,
Barry Pettis

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_00
1

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Naz GassiepDate: 2008-03-27 00:07:52