Postgres on Solaris

From: "Troy Duncan" <Troy(dot)Duncan(at)digicelgroup(dot)com>
To: <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres on Solaris
Date: 2005-01-17 17:21:50
Lists: pgsql-ports

Good day,

I work in an environment where we have multiple Sun boxes running
various databases such as oracle, Sybase etc. However I would like to
evaluate PostgreSQL as an alternative database system on sun hardware
and software. However I can't seem to get Postgres to compile on any of
our Sun servers, are there any precompiled recent versions of PostreSql
available ? Do you have an updated version of the
installation/compilation of Postgres on Solaris 8 or 9? Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Troy Duncan