Re: complex custom aggregate function

From: "Marc Mamin" <M(dot)Mamin(at)intershop(dot)de>
To: <m_lists(at)yahoo(dot)it>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: complex custom aggregate function
Date: 2009-01-30 20:42:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

not very smart, but something like following should do the job:

h_m v
1.00 x
1.25 x
1.50 x
1.75 x
2.00 x
2.25 x
2.50 x
2.75 x
3.00 x
3.25 x
3.50 x
3.75 x
4.00 x
4.25 x
4.50 x
4.75 x

select H,A
FROM
(
select min(h_q) as H, avg(x) as A
group by h_q/1
union all
select min(h_q), avg(x)
group by (h_q-0.25)/1
union all
select min(h_q), avg(x)
group by (h_q-0.50)/1
union all
select min(h_q), avg(x)
group by (h_q-0.75)/1
)foo
where A= select max(A) from (foo..)

or use ORDER BY A desc LIMIT 1 if a single result is sufficient...

HTH,

Marc Mamin