Schema comparisons

From: Mark Lubratt <mark(dot)lubratt(at)indeq(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Schema comparisons
Date: 2004-02-28 03:32:43
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Hello!

I have two databases running on separate machines. One is a production
server and the other is development.

I've been trying to be careful, but I've gotten out of synch with
whether or not I've applied the changes I've made to the development
system to the production system. Is there a utility that will compare
the tables, functions, trigger, views, etc. between two systems and
flag the schema elements that aren't in synch between the two?

If not, and I need to write one, would such a system be of interest to
anyone else?

Thanks!
Mark