Can I get Postgresql ODBC to accept ODBC Timestamp escape sequences?

From: "Hamlen, Peter" <peter(dot)hamlen(at)teachforamerica(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can I get Postgresql ODBC to accept ODBC Timestamp escape sequences?
Date: 2004-08-29 22:06:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc
summary:  Can I get the ODBC driver to accept timestamps formatted like {ts 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss'} ?

Basically I have a windows application that uses standard ODBC timestamp escape sequences.  An ODBC timestamp escape sequence looks like this:   {ts 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss'}
A good url to explain this is here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/acdata/ac_8_con_03_04l0.asp
(Yes, it's a Microsoft website but it's talking about ODBC... :)

The 7.03.02 driver just passes the timestamp string directly to postgres (running 7.3.4 on Linux) - which unsurprisingly doesn't recognize it.  It doesn't seem to be an option to change the windows application (it's a 3rd-party tool called Scribe) -so I'm hoping that there's a way to change the Postgres ODBC driver so it recognizes the format.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Has anyone experienced this problem before?  As cliched as it is, this is a really important problem that I have to solve - and I'd appreciate any suggestions that might make this work.   I've searched the archives and google but haven't come up with anything yet.

Peter Hamlen

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Nuno Pimenta, Eng.Date: 2004-08-30 09:39:24