Please allow me to post this offer, for a job in Hamburg (Germany) .
Please send answers to jobs(at)mobileo(dot)de(dot)
Position Title: Database Administrator and Engineer
Location: Hamburg (Germany)
Duration: Permanent (remote work is not an option for now)
Salary: Upon experience
Mobileo is a German startup in the area of Location Based Services (http://www.mobileo.de/
). As part of its development strategy, we are looking for a database
engineer in order to handle the storage/backend area. Tasks include:
- Managing operations of a Postgres based database environment. Be
responsible for troubleshooting and system monitoring.
- Design and build of upcoming version of the company RDBMS
- Be an active contributor to the general system architecture
- Optimization, in particular in the case integration with a Ruby On
The candidate will be part of the R&D team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience managing, supporting and designing a large &
complex production - all in PostgreSQL.
- Proficient SQL query writing and optimization skills
- Experience testing, troubleshooting, and debugging codes
- Strong Unix knowledge; MacOS X is a plus
- Must be able to work in a fastpaced environment with a small team of
- Strong written and oral communication skills, be willing to learn
from and share skill set with others.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails would be a plus
- English needed., knowledge of German would be a plus
If interested, please send your updated resume to jobs(at)mobileo(dot)de(dot) If
you are not available, please do not hesitate to refer others who you
feel would be a good fit for this opportunity.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Jon Meyers||Date: 2008-07-21 17:42:12|
|Subject: PostgreSQL DBA - Pandora - Top Online Music Company|
|Previous:||From: Rakhi Kolhe||Date: 2008-07-18 11:46:13|
|Subject: DBA w/PostgreSQL experience; Marketing; Nashville, TN |