Postgresql on Solaris versus Linux

From: "Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh(at)firstam(dot)com>
To: "PgSQL Admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql on Solaris versus Linux
Date: 2005-02-25 17:37:34
Lists: pgsql-admin
I know PostgreSQL favorite platform is Linux. Management at my workplace
might is interested on trying PostgreSQL on Solaris. To me, it's like
moving Oracle from Solaris platform to IBM AIX platform. PostgreSQL
should work fine in either platforms; however the vast majority of
implementation (and thus support, experience, etc) on Linux. Does anyone
know whether having PostgreSQL on Solaris would be a bad idea?

Thanks,

   --
     Husam

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that
is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by
mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and
delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.                                       FADLD Tag

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Naomi WalkerDate: 2005-02-25 17:50:16