Re: Connection of postgres

From: "Nguyen, Lam Thuy" <l7nguyen(at)fcg(dot)com>
To: <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
Cc: "Andrei Kovalevski" <andyk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Malm Paul" <paul(dot)malm(at)saabgroup(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Connection of postgres
Date: 2008-04-07 18:02:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I set it up to 300.
Do you have any solution for me?

Lam

________________________________

From: Raymond O'Donnell [mailto:rod(at)iol(dot)ie]
Sent: Mon 4/7/2008 11:05 AM
To: Nguyen, Lam Thuy
Cc: Andrei Kovalevski; Malm Paul; pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Connection of postgres

On 07/04/2008 03:40, Nguyen, Lam Thuy wrote:

> I am sure there was no prolem with network. I guess maybe postgres
> database can not handle if there are many connections work
> concurrenly.

That's not so - if you've configured it correctly, if your hardware can
handle it, PostgreSQL scales *very* well. What have you got
max_connections set to in postgresql.conf?

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie

This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged, and/or attorney work product for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance, or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.