Re: smallint mapping issue

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>, Christian Cryder <c(dot)s(dot)cryder(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: smallint mapping issue
Date: 2005-07-29 11:52:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 28-Jul-05, at 8:26 PM, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Dave Cramer wrote:
>

>> 1) this one smallint returned as Short
>> 2) handling setString(type other than string) which used to work
>>

> Maybe we should just toss these both into the "compatible=7.4" bucket
> and not try to support them beyond that, since they are both arguably
> application errors?

When I wrote the original email, I realized that we can't support too
many of these as the
complexity will soon be un-manageable. I'd prefer to see the
setString be the default behaviour, but at this point it's an
indefensible position. Do we have documentation as to what is or
isn't "compatible=7.4" ?

--dc--

> -O

> match